But They'll Think I'm Crazy
A hard fact of life is that people will hear what you're about to do and think that you're fucking nuts.
- Why'd you move to another state?
- Why'd you quit your secure job to start your business?
- Why did you go to college versus get a job?
- Why did you get a job versus go to college?
- Why did you marry him or her?
- Why did you break up?
- Why did you have kids?
- Why did you decide not to have kids?
And on and on and on.
But people don't know your history. They don't see what you see. They don't live in your head and in your heart. To the outside looking in, these big decisions can look rash or confusing. But how could it make sense without all the facts?
I recently moved to Oklahoma, and literally, nobody I knew would have guessed the state I was moving to. I've had several people prod trying to find the reason. Even when I tell them, not everyone gets it. It seems rash. It seems crazy. But that's just the thing—sometimes you have to take the big leaps, and not everyone will support or understand you. That's ok. They'll think you're crazy, but it might be the sanest and most important action you ever take.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this, can I ask you for a favor?
I would like the opportunity to connect with you on an ongoing basis with the intention that I continue to provide you with valuable information and insights to help transform your life personally and professionally. To that end, it would mean a lot to me if you performed one or more of the following.
- Sign up for my newsletter to get new articles sent right to your inbox.
- Buy my book, Winning the Lottery Within.
- Follow me on Twitter or connect with me on LinkedIn. Don't forget to say hi!
- Contact me to setup a free, 15-minute consultation.
- Share this article with anyone that might benefit from it.
Thanks again for your time and attention! It means the world to me to know that you gave me this opportunity to connect with you.
About Rick Manelius
Quick Stats: CTO of Contact Mapping. Author of Winning the Lottery Within. Graduated from MIT in '03 (BS) and '09 (PhD). Life hacker and peak performance enthusiast. This blog is my experiment in creative writing, self-expression, and sharing what I've learned along my journey. For more information, read my full bio here or contact me.