Current 6-word Memoir
Learned lots, kept searching, shared all
- won the NYS class B pentathlon title in 1999.
- advocates, uses, programs in, and sometimes dreams of Drupal.
- writes poetry for fun, creativity, and to share snapshots of this game we call life.
- graduated from MIT with a BS + PhD in Materials Science and Engineering.
- has a 6’8” wingspan, which is still smaller than most condors.
- actively develops KairosFS, a transformative philosophy and technology in media.
- is married to Emily, a wonderful wife and co-explorer of life.
- is a personal development enthusiast.
- coached track and field at MIT.
- is an aspiring writer and speaker.
- is a name I picked.
- loves to learn, share, and connect with like-minded people.
- actively played soccer and ultimate frisbee until a career ending injury.
- barely sleeps at night because he wants to maximize every opportunity in his day.
- cannot come up with concise, witty remarks regarding his other interests of: biking, Naruto, EFT, GTD, macs, onion rings, craft beers, humor, singing for no reason, etc.
About this Blog
I have 3 goals for this blog:
- Share my perspective on a diverse set of topics.
- Create meaningful, ongoing relationships.
- Learn from you.
Achieving items 1 and 2 together may prove an impossible task because no single audience will like everything I post. Sometimes I’ll go into a power dork mode, explaining neat Drupal code in excruciating detail. Other days I may write a poem about a beautifully obscure moment I dreamed up.
Still, I hope to always have some universally useful insights sprinkled throughout; things you’ll find useful and/or interesting. Even if you find yourself reflecting on a post (or phrase) a month later, I’d consider that a big success.
While I consider myself a seeker of truth(s), I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m only interested in empowering truths. Yes, evil exists in this world and there is a long record of who did what. I come from the standpoint that the only way out is an evolution of our consciousness, not a meticulous play by play transcript, more fighting, and the never ending spiral of negativity. This is not to say there is anything wrong with that. I’ve just grown tired of being caught up in that paradigm and believe there is a more useful way out.
In short, if it’s not an empowering truth, I may find it interesting, but will leave the sharing and distillation to other websites. And if this is obscure to you, kindly ignore this passage.
You can following me personally through the following social media outlets:
I’m constantly exploring life. Just when I think I have everything figured out, surprise! Everything can change in the blink of an eye: beliefs, opinions, desires, etc. Knowing this, writing on the internet can be difficult because everything can be archived, indexed, and found years afterward. Are we to be held to our beliefs of a decade ago? If so, we confine ourselves and our own personal evolution.
So I do not claim to be right about everything or anything. If there is one thing I’ve learned is that truth is a very subjective thing, and our perspective can shift in the blink of an eye. So whatever I say or share is the best that I know of at the time and nothing more. You’ve been warned!