My life's mission: to explore, to master, to share, and to make a positive impact in the world.
Beyond that, you may have stumbled upon my profile for a variety of reasons. To assist, here's a potential list:
- Contact Mapping CTO / Co-founder: Helping people expand their network and develop deeper connections.
- MIT, PhD: Van der Walls forces meets carbon nanotubes meets quantum mechanics.
- Author: Wrote "Winning the Lottery Within" to highlight how we co-create our stories, our lives.
- Drupalista: A decade of experience within and contribution to a fantastic open source community.
- PCI Compliance: Wrote a heavily cited white paper on credit card security for eCommerce.
- Advisor: Serve as a sounding board to several colleagues starting their entrepreneurial journeys.
- Blockchain: I'm actively researching this space, particularly persistent identity access and control.
- Coach: Experiences range from sports to creating & running professional development trainings.
- Writer: Spanning personal blogging to print publications (magazine and newspaper).
- Cyclists: Active enthusiast in the Colorado region. Find and follow me on Strava!
About this Blog
I have 3 goals for this blog:
- Share my perspective on a diverse set of topics.
- Create meaningful, ongoing relationships with readers like you.
- Practice and hone my craft and my voice.
Achieving items 1 and 2 together may prove an impossible task because no single audience will like everything I post. Sometimes I’ll go into a power dork mode, explaining neat Drupal code in excruciating detail. Other days I may write a poem about a beautifully obscure moment I dreamed up. Still, I hope to always have some universally useful insights sprinkled throughout; things you’ll find useful and/or interesting. Even if you find yourself reflecting on a post (or phrase) a month later, I’d consider that a big success.
While I consider myself a seeker of truth(s), I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m only interested in empowering truths. Yes, evil exists in this world and there is a long record of who did what. I come from the standpoint that the only way out is an evolution of our consciousness, not a meticulous play by play transcript, more fighting, and the never-ending spiral of negativity. This is not to say there is anything wrong with that. I’ve just grown tired of being caught up in that paradigm and believe there is a more useful way out.
In short, if it’s not an empowering truth, I may find it interesting, but will leave the sharing and distillation to other websites. And if this is obscure to you, kindly ignore this passage.
Contact & Connect
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this, can I ask you for a favor?
I would like the opportunity to connect with you on an ongoing basis with the intention that I continue to provide you with valuable information and insights to help transform your life personally and professionally. To that end, it would mean a lot to me if you performed one or more of the following.
- Sign up for my newsletter to get new articles sent right to your inbox.
- Buy my book, Winning the Lottery Within.
- Follow me on Twitter or connect with me on LinkedIn. Don't forget to say hi!
- Contact me to setup a free, 15-minute consultation.
- Share this article with anyone that might benefit from it.
Thanks again for your time and attention! It means the world to me to know that you gave me this opportunity to connect with you.
I’m constantly exploring life. Just when I think I have everything figured out, surprise! Everything can change in the blink of an eye: beliefs, opinions, desires, etc. Knowing this, writing on the internet can be difficult because everything can be archived, indexed, and found years afterward. Are we to be held to our beliefs of a decade ago? If so, we confine ourselves and our own personal evolution.
So I do not claim to be right about everything or anything. If there is one thing I’ve learned is that truth is a very subjective thing, and our perspective can shift in the blink of an eye. So whatever I say or share is the best that I know of at the time and nothing more. You’ve been warned!